ARGENTINA; 2023 RIO GRANDE SEA TROUT FISHING OFFERS
WHY TRAVEL TO SOUTH AMERICA FOR SEA TROUT?
- The average weight of Rio Grande sea trout over a season is around 9 lbs with 1 in 5 being over 15 lbs and 1 in 50 will tip the scales between 20-25 lbs!
- Fishing pressure has actually decreased on the river over the last decade; this is due to the lodges lowering the amount of rods they accept on a weekly basis, which means less fishing pressure on the whole.
- The run of sea trout in the Rio Grande is estimated at between 50,000-75,000. In fact, during the last study in 2008 it was estimated at closer to 85,000!
- Catch expectancy is around 2 – 4 landed sea trout per rod per day. This does not include lost fish and most lodges do not count fish under 6 lbs. This works out at 12-24 sea trout per rod over a six day fishing period, but some anglers will catch almost double that, as was the case in the 2017 season, for example.
- Sea trout in the Rio Grande are on average 17% heavier compared with sea trout from elsewhere of the same length. They are also on average 14-21% heavier than Atlantic salmon of the same length.
Hopefully this has whet your appetite. We will soon be opening bookings for the 2024 season. However, in the meantime, here’s some great space remaining for the 2023 season at some of the best lodges along the Rio Grande.
2023 SEASON AVAILABILITY
Just one rod remains for the entire season! Best of all, it’s in a prime February week. 10-17th February – US$6,490 per rod based on a four rod week, single room as standard. Cost includes the fishing licence.
SAN JOSE LODGE
We have two rods left in a prime February week; 10-17th February. US$7,155 per rod (please make contact for a special offer if you’re interested in both rods). This is based on just four rods per week, single rooms as standard and the fishing licence.
Just two rods remain in the prime of the season at what is arguably the nicest lodge on the river. Fishing many miles of the prime middle Rio Grande along with many miles of the Rio Menendez.
4-11th February – 2 rods
Please make contact for a great last minute deal.
One of the best lodges on the river, accessing the cream of the lower river. Maximum of six rods per week, with single rooms as standard.
13-20th January – 1 rod
10-17th February – 2 rods
24-31st Match – 4 rods
Please make contact for some great last minute deals.
ESTANCIA MARIA BEHETY – LODGE
Maria Behety has a commanding position on the left bank of the Rio Grande, covering a huge amount of water on both the middle and lower river. A lodge where space is always rare. There are two rods left in the 21-28th January week, which is a great week to be on the river. US$8,500 per rod.
Cameron Lodge is located on the Chilean side of the Rio Grande and has many miles of the river to explore, along with numerous other rivers and lakes to be found within easy reach of the lodge. Cost per week is US$5,000 per rod, with shorter stays available. Please make CONTACT for availability.
Not sure which lodge to choose? Make sure to check the FishTravel guide HERE.
There’s also a brochure to be found HERE.
If you’re still stuck, would like to make an enquiry, or would like to make a booking, please contact Steffan Jones at email@example.com