RIO GRANDE SEA TROUT YOUTH WEEKS 2024 SEASON; AURELIA LODGE
RIO GRANDE SEA TROUT YOUTH WEEKS
FishTravel, in association with AURELIA LODGE, is pleased to announce the launch of two youth weeks for the 2024 season.
- The average weight of Rio Grande sea trout over a season is around 9 lbs with 1 in 5 being over 15 lbs and 1 in 50 will tip the scales between 20-25 lbs!
- Fishing pressure has actually decreased on the river over the last decade; this is due to the lodges lowering the amount of rods they accept on a weekly basis, which means less fishing pressure on the whole.
- The run of sea trout in the Rio Grande is estimated at between 50,000-75,000. In fact, during the last study in 2008 it was estimated at closer to 85,000!
- Catch expectancy is around 2 – 4 landed sea trout per rod per day. This does not include lost fish and most lodges do not count fish under 6 lbs. This works out at 12-24 sea trout per rod over a six day fishing period, but some anglers will catch almost double that, as was the case in the 2017 season, for example.
- Sea trout in the Rio Grande are on average 17% heavier compared with sea trout from elsewhere of the same length. They are also on average 14-21% heavier than Atlantic salmon of the same length.
Hopefully this has whet your appetite. We will soon be opening bookings for the 2024 season. However, in the meantime, here’s some great space remaining for the 2023 season at some of the best lodges along the Rio Grande.
Looking to explore other options along the river? Make sure to check the FishTravel guide HERE.
There’s also a brochure to be found HERE.
If you would like to make an enquiry, or would like to make a booking, please contact Steffan Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org